This Privacy Notice describes:
- how and why we collect certain information from you via the Website and the online services provided through the Website;
- how we use and with whom we share such information;
- how you can access and update such information; and
- the choices you can make about how we collect, use and share your information
Information We Collect
When you submit a request or when you enter information on this Website, we may collect personal information from you including your:
- your name
- your company email address
- your company phone number
We may also collect general information resulting from your activity on the Website, including your preferences and other tendencies. This may include anonymous “traffic data” or tracking information provided by the Website’s host or similar provider of such information (i.e., Google Analytics, WordPress stats) that does not personally identify you, but may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer. Analytics is the process of collecting, analyzing, and reporting aggregate data. This information may include which pages visitors visit, how long visitors may stay on a particular page, and where visitors are located. It may also provide information about what browser, network, or device is used to visit our Website. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
In addition, when you visit our Website, we may also log your anonymous IP addresses, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device. This helps us diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Website, or to display the content according to your preferences.
How We Use and Share Your Personal Information
We will not sell your personal information!
We may use the personal information we collect:
- for our internal records, tracking and business purposes;
- in order to contact you about a prospective order, or to respond to your requests for customer support; and
- to provide you with information regarding changes to the Talon Website.
When Our Website Shares Your Information
We may share the data collected about your use and property. We may use your depersonalized personal information to provide analyses of the Platform in the aggregate to our prospective business partners and other third parties. We may also share the personal information we collect from you under the following circumstances, and you expressly authorize us to share your information as follows:
- Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of Talon’s assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of the Platform, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you through email and/or a prominent notice on the Website.
How We Interact with Third Party Services and Content
For your convenience, we may link to third party social media websites and services, or otherwise display third party content through our Website. For example, we may facilitate easy access to third party websites and online services, like social networks and other services that host user-generated content such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest.
These links take you outside our service and off our Website and are beyond our control. Please note that these other websites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. We urge you to review the equivalent data protection, privacy, and cookie policies available on their websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the data protection of privacy practices of third parties in relation to such websites and your use of third party websites is entirely at your own risk.
Choices You Have over How Your Information Is Used
1) Email – Those who wish to opt-out from receiving emails will have their address removed within 1-10 days of receipt of their request to opt-out or to unsubscribe at email@example.com. If you have multiple email addresses you will need to opt-out for each address in order to be removed from our active database.
2) Location information – You may have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device or, for some devices, by revoking permission for our mobile apps to access your location information.
3) Cookies and web beacons – Your browser may offer the ability to block or delete cookies from your device. Please see our firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Access from Your Mobile Phone?
We collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes if you access Talon from your mobile phone, as we do when you use our Website.
In order to protect both the personal information and the general information that we receive from you through the Website, we have implemented various security measures. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely. All information you provide to us is stored in secure managed servers. Whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using this Website, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we cannot guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through this Website and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through the Website is provided at your own risk. We are not liable for any damages arising out of, or in any way connect with, a third party’s unauthorized access to your information.
Age to Use The Website?
A Note Parents:
Talon is committed to protecting the on-line privacy of children. While this Website is operated for the enjoyment of general audiences, we are mindful children may also visit this Website. Children are not required to provide any personal information to use any part of this Website. We also do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age and they are not permitted to register as a user for the Website or to receive communications from us.
If you have questions or concerns about the Internet and privacy for your child, we encourage you to check out http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0031-protecting-your-childs-privacy-online.
This notice and our privacy practices will be subject exclusively to the laws of the State of California within the United States of America. By using our Website, you hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of California any claim or matter arising under or in connection with the Website.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident, you may make one such request each year by contacting us at email@example.com, stating your specific request and your name, address, email address and phone number. This will not prohibit disclosure of information for non-marketing purposes.
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA:
Your Personal Data Rights
You may be aware that the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” provides certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we have implemented additional transparency to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, individuals have the rights described below:
- If you wish to access the personal information that Talon collects, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under “How to Contact Us” heading below.
- Talon account holders may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in their registration profile by logging into their account. Talon account holders may also contact us to accomplish the foregoing or if you have additional requests or questions.
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information where it is technically possible. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details below.
- Similarly, if you are a resident of the EEA, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the U.S. and Canada) are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We keep your personal data only as require by law or as long as necessary for legitimate and essential business purposes, such fulfilling an order, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are an account holder.
If you request, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice, you acknowledge, agree and consent to (1) the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where you reside and (2) our collection and use of your personal information as described herein and in accordance with the data protection laws of the United States, which may be different and may be less protective than those in your country. If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, please note that we use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to transfer your personal information from the EEA or Switzerland to the United States and other countries.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information (EEA Visitors/Customers Only)
If you are a user located in the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate business interests. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to enter into a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate business interests, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate business interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How To Contact Us” heading below.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments relating to the Talon Website or this Privacy Notice, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If we make material changes to our Privacy Notice, we will notify you by sending a notice to the email address that you have provided in connection with your Talon account and/or by updating the Privacy Notice on our Website and linking to it from our home page.
This notice was last updated on: October 19, 2019.